Saturday, June 09, 2018

Trump sounds like dicator--can pardon himself


“President Donald Trump repeated his claim Friday that he has the power to pardon himself, even as he continued to deny any wrongdoing.

“I do have an absolute right to pardon myself,” Trump told reporters as he departed for the G-7 summit in Canada. “But I will never have to do it because I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, as well as whether the president obstructed justice, is entering its second year. 

Trump’s comments Friday follow a similar statement he made on Twitter Monday. “As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong?” he said. “In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms!”


 

Trump sounds more and more like a tin-horn Central American dictator than a U.S. President.  Trump and his defenders keep spinning their conspiracy theories in spite of a complete lack of evidence.  The rule of law in this country is under serious threat.  No one is above the law, not even the President.  Most legal scholars say Trump has no such powew.. 

 

1 comment:

  1. http://hermancain.com/ive-got-a-few-things-to-say-to-that-fbi-agent-who-called-trump-voters-lazy-and-stupid/

    ReplyDelete